Quimby Oak Newsroom
Calling all Quimby Students!
Debate is one of the most important extracurriculars for college applications. Alumni from local high school speech and debate teams have gotten into top-tier Ivy League schools and other prestigious institutions like MIT, Stanford, and UC Berkeley.
How?This is because debate helps you to develop important critical thinking, public speaking, and argumentative writing skills- all skills that colleges look for.
- Get a head-start on the road to academic success by signing up for FREE debate classes hosted by DebateUnited on Mondays (2:00-3:00 pm) and Wednesdays (2:00-4:00 pm).
- Classes will be run between 3/18-4/18.
- Snacks and supplies will be provided to all students free of charge.
- Classes are taught by nationally-ranked high school debate captains.
- After these classes, you will advance your academic skills and debate skills, helping you succeed in school and competitive debate down the line.
SCHEDULE FOR DEBATE:
|Mondays (2:00-3:00)||Wednesdays (2:00-4:00)|
|4/1 (No Lessons- Cesar Chavez Day)||4/3|
|4/15 (No Lessons- CAASP Testing)||4/18|
Class spots are limited and are on a first-come, first-served basis. Sign up today! Permission slips went out to students via ELA teacher. Additional permission slips are available in the Quimby front office!