Dear Lobo Students and Parents,
The following outlines Quimby's End of Year Activities and Timelines. Online instruction via Distance Learning will remain active until Wednesday, June 10th. Teachers will have closing activities planned for students to participate in. Students should be logging on, following their Distance Learning schedules, and participating. Please review the information below carefully and please reach out directly to the administration team via email if you have any further questions and/or clarifications. Thank you for all of your support during this time.
Mrs. Hansen-Vera, Ms. George, Ms. Doxie and Mr. Stolan
PE & Locker Room Clean Out:
Please adhere to the following directions. Social distancing and safety protocols are required during this pick up. Please follow the appointment date and time on the pick up schedule below.
- Only students will be permitted into the locker room. Students must have a facial covering or mask in order to enter the locker room.
- Students will follow the directions of the Quimby staff members. Students will line up outside the locker room doors on the blacktop. Students will empty their lockers of all supplies, they will turn in their school issued lock to a staff member, and exit the locker room out through the main Gym door.
- Students must immediately exit the campus. Students are not permitted to gather or walk around campus and should refrain from grouping with friends, etc.
Quimby Oak Middle School will honor 8th graders in the following ways:
- Thursday, June 11th a virtual 8th grade promotion ceremony/video will be posted to the school website quimbyoak.eesd.org and a link will be directly shared with all parents via PowerSchool email. The ceremony will be posted and shared at 3pm. The virtual ceremony will include speeches, a picture slideshow, and a reading of the names.
- All 8th graders will be sent a "Class of 2020" commemoration t-shirt as a gift from the school. For those that haven't done so already, please complete the following information by Friday, May 8th.
- Go to SpiritHero.com
- Search for "Quimby Oak"
- Order the shirt in your size
- Use Promo Code QUIMBY2020 (shirts are free and are shipped directly to your home)
- Quimby Oak Middle School will provide congratulatory Lawn Signs for families of all 8th graders. These signs will celebrate our 8th grade class of 2020! It is our hope that the signs will help brighten students' day. We also see this as a great photo opportunity for families! Details on how to pick up Lawn Signs will be coming soon! Communication will come from Mr. Stolan!
8th Grade Technology Return:
We will address the collection of technology that was loaned out for Distance Learning by grade level. 8th graders will be the priority. We will share a 7th grade collection schedule soon. It is imperative that we begin with 8th grade. Please return the device, all charging cables, and the travel bag.
Please adhere to the following directions. Social distancing and safety protocols are required during this pick up. Please wear a facial covering/mask. Please follow the appointment date and time on the pick up schedule below. Pull up through the parking lot circle. Have the computer and all other items ready to drop off with a Quimby staff member. The staff member will ask for your name and ID # to verify the correct device is returned.
Returning Textbooks and Library Books will take place for 7th and 8th graders:
Please adhere to the following directions. Social distancing and safety protocols are required during this supply drop off. Please follow the appointment date and time on the schedule below.
Only students will be permitted into the library. Students must have a facial covering or mask in order to enter the library. Please bring all textbooks and library books that need to be returned to the school. Students will follow the directions of the Quimby staff members. Students will line up outside the main library entrance. Students will enter their ID # and scan their books following the Media Clerk's directions. Students will stack their books per the directions of the staff members assisting. Students will exit the library via the rear exit -- staff members will provide directions. Students must immediately exit the campus. Students are not permitted to gather or walk around campus and should refrain from grouping with friends, etc.